The Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra
- Concert is Saturday night 8:00 PM, but there is an open rehearsal on Friday evening at 5:30 PM for only $15.
Wicked Fun in the 401:
Providence Restaurant Weeks
- Providence’s red-hot culinary scene warms up the cold weather during Providence Winter Restaurant Weeks, January 15-28, 2017. Choose from mouthwatering menus at nearly 100 restaurants. Enjoy three-course lunches at $14.95 and three-course dinners at $29.95 or $34.95, as well as two-for-one specials. Keep checking the site as restaurants are added daily!
I Hate Hamlet
- The Artic Playhouse – West Warwick, RI
- Price of tickets: $13 Advance, $18 at door
- Playing this weekend Friday & Saturday at 8pm, Sunday at 2pm
- Next weekend Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 8pm
- It’s a story about Andrew Rally who seems to have it all: fame from a hit television series, a beautiful girlfriend, the perfect New York apartment, and the chance to play Hamlet in Central Park. There are, however, a couple of glitches in paradise. Andrew’s series has been canceled; his girlfriend is being difficult, and he has no desire to play Hamlet. However, Andrew’s choice may not be his own. John Barrymore returns, pressing Andrew to accept the part and fulfill his actor’s destiny: to play Hamlet!
- 1/25/2017 (Wednesday) one day only
- $55 – $29.50
- VOCALOSITY is the all-new live concert event from the creative mind of artistic producer Deke Sharon (Pitch Perfect, The Sing-Off) that takes a cappella to a whole new level! This fast-paced production features an all-star ensemble of diverse young vocalists singing some of today’s chart-topping hits in brand-new arrangements that set a new standard for 12-part harmony.
Bolshoi Ballet presents THE SLEEPING BEAUTY
- SUNDAY JANUARY 22, 2017 AT 12:55PM
- Avon Cinema
- The Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, one of the greatest music and dance stages in the world, was founded in 1776 and to this day remains a spearhead of Russian culture.
- With more than 250 dancers, the Bolshoi Ballet is one of the largest and most celebrated ballet companies in the world. Its annual repertoire of up to 30 titles per year includes outstanding works by the most famous contemporary choreographers.
Wicked Family Friendly
Sweat to Support GOTRRI
- event hosted by Laid Back Fitness in Warwick on Friday, January 20th!
- This 60-minute workout will include a warm-up, obstacle course training (modified for all fitness levels) and a cooldown.
- Come sweat & celebrate with Girls on the Run RI! Each year we provide 30% of our girls with financial assistance to cross the finish line and this event will help us meet our goal!
- We are thrilled to announce that the 6pm – 7pm class will be a family obstacle course! Test your ninja skills as a family!
- Cost: $20 (adults 17+) $10 (youth age 4-16)
- Registration: This event is pre-register only and will sell out!
- Class 1: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (family obstacle course training)
- Class 2: 7:00 pm -8:00 pm (obstacle course training/open to any adult)
Donuts with Dads
- Create Color Art Studio in Narragansett
- Saturday 10:30-noon
- Your little artist will get to paint a donut shaped box or bank while you get to paint a mug to remember your special time together. We will serve donuts, coffee and juice to enjoy while you are painting.
- Reservations are required. Seating is limited.$35 per child/father couple. Additional children are gladly welcome ($18 each-in add on section).
If you are are interested in having your event or location mentioned on Wicked Rhody: A Wicked Good Podcast about Rhode Island Events and Life – please check out our sponsorship page, and email us at wickedrhodypodcast at gmail dot com.
Brought to you by: