- Sydney is a new Australian inspired cafe located just south of the Providence train station. They offer a full coffee, espresso and loose tea selection as well as house-made baked goods, breakfast, lunch and grab-and-go items. Signature dishes include an avocado smash, mini quiches, a roasted broccoli sandwich with ricotta salata, and their signature salad with grilled baffoni farms chicken, fresh citrus, slivered almonds and a creamy lemon-herb arbequina olive oil emulsion.
- Many of the ingredients are locally sourced, Sydney offers free wi-fi, and they have options for vegans.
- Word on the street is their avocado smash is AMAZING!
Wicked Fun in the 401:
- Providence Libraries, at AS220
- Saturday, January 28th, 7:00PM, AS220
- Admission $5; Cost to compete $10
- The Spelling Bee event is all ages – part of AS220’s mission is that all events are all ages – but most likely the competitors will be primarily adults. (The event starts at 7pm this year, so it’s quite possible that we’ll have a few younger competitors.)
Barnaby Castle Open House
- VETS Saturday night
- Gilman burst onto the national stage in 2000 releasing the hit single “One Voice.” His debut album was certified double platinum in the United States, and he was included in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the youngest singer to ever reach #1 on the Billboard Top Country Album charts. He has sold five million albums worldwide and garnered awards and nods from the Academy of Country Music, the Country Music Association, Billboard Magazine, and the American Music Association. Sixteen years later, Gilman is eager to come back and share his new music and his new sound with his fans on NBC’s THE VOICE: SEASON 11.
THE LAST SICILIAN
- Saturday, 7:30pm
- At The SantRiana Theatre Group is Located inside Dean’s List Academy: 25 Esten Ave. Pawtucket
- Starts at 7:30pm. Tickets: $20.
- Call 401-527-8973 or contact Nick Albanese via facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1349941398357431/
- You’ll learn a little history, maybe get a bit emotional and definitely have tons of laughs as Nick tells his funny and heartwarming tales of growing up Sicilain in America.
Wicked Family Friendly:
Meeting Street Telethon
- Saturday, January 28th 7-11pm Live on WPRI-12
- The four hour show will include an inside look at what goes on at Meeting Street, special segments featuring children in Meeting Street’s programs and live interviews with Meeting Street staff and families.
- Join us in-person at Meeting Street, The Schwartz Center, or Tune in to WPRI-12 on TV, or on B101 or Fun 107 on Radio!
The Providence Children’s Film Festival – family four pack. ENTER BELOW
- 8th Annual Providence Children’s Film Festival | February 17 – February 26
- The 8th annual Providence Children’s Film Festival takes place February 17-26, 2017 at multiple venues within walking distance of downtown Providence, with screenings, filmmaking workshops, and free activities, along with post-film conversations that help deepen the film-watching experience. Audiences of all ages will enjoy over 100 feature-length and short films—including live-action, documentary, and animation—made by filmmakers from around the world. PCFF’s mission is to present the best of independent and international children’s cinema to inspire, delight, educate, and connect a diverse community of children and families from Rhode Island and beyond.
If you are are interested in having your event or location mentioned on Wicked Rhody: A Wicked Good Podcast about Rhode Island Events and Life – please check out our sponsorship page, and email us at wickedrhodypodcast at gmail dot com.
Brought to you by: