Terror Con at the RI Convention Center this Saturday & Sunday
- Rhode Island’s ultimate horror, paranormal, rock and wrestling convention.
- Costumes abound and will be in full affect.
- Appearances including members of the cast of The Walking Dead, members of the band Megadeth, Chuckles the Clown, Tiffany Rice, and many more.
- There will also be artists & vendors so it’s really a one-stop shop if you’re into this kind of thing.
- Cardi’s Furniture & Mattresses is a huge sponsor, as are the Toy Vault, RI Comic Con & Sentinel Limousine
Wicked Fun in the 401
The Last Skate of the Season at the Alex & Ani Ice Rink in Newport
- Monday, Feb 27 at 5pm
- Sad to say friends, but we’re coming up on the last skate of the season…I know!
- It flew by for us too. So come out on Monday, the 27th to enjoy the rink for one last lap and enjoy FREE ADMISSION.
Beach Polo – Saturday & Sunday at 1pm
- Back by popular demand, Beach Polo returns to the Newport Winter Festival on Feb. 25 & 26 at 1pm, weather permitting. The exciting outdoor polo exhibition will take place at Easton’s Beach (locally known as 1st Beach), in Newport, RI. For more information, or weather updates, please call (401) 846-0200.
- The exhibition polo event, organized by Newport Polo, will feature teams competing each day in a match composed of 4 periods of play (chukkers), for a duration of 1+ hour, played during low tide. Spectators are encouraged to witness the fast-paced contests in the picturesque setting of Newport’s prettiest beach, and cheer on the teams, playing on finely tuned thoroughbred mounts.
- Admission and parking at the Easton’s Beach parking lots are free.
Newport Winter Festival
- Family magician and juggler Robert Clarke, he will entertain, mystify and keep you wanting more! Friday Night February 24th at 6:30pm. Following that come laugh the night away with our Comedy Show featuring Co-headliners Nick Griffin and Christine Hurley presented by the Newport Comedy Series & Newport Winter Festival at 8:30pm. On Saturday February 25th bring your appetite for our 7th annual Chicken Wing Cook-Off! 12pm-2:30pm. Later that night get your cowboy boots ready for Boston’s Premier Top 40 Country Band: Walkin’ the Line! at 8:30pm. Tickets to our concerts and comedy are on sale now on our website www.newportwinterfestival.com and will be available at the door. (All of the events mentioned will be held at Gurney’s Newport Resort, formerly Hyatt Newport) On Sunday join us at Easton’s Beach for our Free Children’s Block Hunt, a Polar Bear Plunge and more!
School of Fish
- Monday, February 27 at Home & Main in Warren, RI
- Chef Helio Araujo of Jamestown Fish
- At Eating with the Ecosystem’s “School of Fish”, Rhode Island chefs will educate you on different methods for turning a whole fish – straight from the sea – into a marvelous dinner you can share with your family and friends.
- Learn how to use plentiful local species like scup, herring, whiting, skate, dogfish, and sea robin. Held in the demo kitchen (a former school classroom) at Hope & Main, each workshop is also a dinner, complete with wine and good company!
- Ongoing series, last Monday of each month, this is the 5th installment with but you can certainly get info on this one and the upcoming events as well!
Partner Yoga Workshop
- Shrine Yoga in Warren: Sunday 2-4pm
- Grab your husband/wife, BFF, parent/child, boyfriend/girlfriend, your someone special that makes your life better. Someone that supports you, brings you joy and comfort- your rock, your shoulder, your partner in crime.. your other half- that person. Bring them
- Share the love & gift of wellness with your Other Half to practice, play and celebrate them!
- Join mother/daughter co-teachers Michelle & Caitlin for a celebration of support & love honoring our nearest & dearest.
- This 2 hour practice with heart opening vinyasa flow, partner poses, restorative poses & a powerful meditation is sure to be a special experience you will both hold dear to your hearts!
- *If your peep is unavailable but you still want to soak up some community love & vibes…no worries come as a single- let us be your tribe!
- No experience necessary! This will be a practice for ALL levels and ALL bodies.
Wicked Family Friendly
Foxtrot Music For Children
- Looking for an affordable music program for your kids this winter? Look no further. The West Side Play Space will be hosting a six week music series for kids 0-6 with Foxtrot Music for Children. Space is limited, so don’t miss out!
- Register by calling or emailing Kirsten at (401)400-2544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates and time:
- Feb 19th, 26th, March 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
- Members of WSPS
- -10/per class, $60 for six week series.
- -add a sibling, add $2/class ($72 in full)
- – $12/per class, $72 for six week series
- -add a sibling, add $2/class ($84 in full)
Wicked Close By
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Books
- This mission for The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA, is to inspire a love of art and reading through picture books. The only full -scale museum of its kind in the United States, The Carle collects, preserves, presents and celebrates picture books and picture book illustrations from around the world.
- The mission of The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, a non-profit organization in Amherst, Massachusetts, is to inspire a love of art and reading through picture books. The only full-scale museum of its kind in the United States, The Carle collects, preserves, presents, and celebrates picture books and picture book illustrations from around the world. In addition to underscoring the cultural, historical, and artistic significance of picture books and their art form, The Carle offers educational programs that provide a foundation for arts integration and literacy.
- The Carle houses more than 13,000 objects, including 6,600 permanent collection illustrations, three art galleries, an art studio, a theater, picture book and scholarly libraries, and educational programs for families, scholars, educators, and schoolchildren.
- Eat at Atkins Farm Market – A New England Apple Orchard and Country Food Market nestled in an old country orchard against the scenic Holyoke Mountain Range in the historic Pioneer Valley where the Atkins Farm has been growing apples for over 100 years.
Murder Mystery Dinner
- Temple Israel in Sharon, MA – Saturday 7-10pm
- Join Temple Israel for the who dunnit of the year! A murder occurred and we need YOU to help us figure out who did it
- An interactive murder mystery show brought to you by Murder on Us, Rhode Island’s longest & America’s 2nd longest running Mystery Theater.
- The scenes of the play are alternated with the courses of the meal. During the dinner breaks, the actors mingle with the audience and entertain on a one-to-one basis.
- Best of all, the audience member who does the best job of solving the murder gets the mystery prize at the end of the night!
- Event includes cocktail hour, 3 course kosher meal, silent auction, photo booth, interactive show and more!! Join us!
- ALL in Community Welcome!
If you are are interested in having your event or location mentioned on Wicked Rhody: A Wicked Good Podcast about Rhode Island Events and Life – please check out our sponsorship page, and email us at wickedrhodypodcast at gmail dot com.
Brought to you by: