Providence St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Saturday March 18, 12:00pm
Smith St. at Wyndham Ave, marching all the way down smith st. to the RI State House!
Great Music, lots of Green, – Pipes & Drums
Wicked Fun in the 401
Saturday March 18th 9am-6pm
Green Line Apothocary in Wakefield
*RE-SCHEDULED TO SATURDAY, MARCH 18TH DUE TO WEATHER*
Pi Day is an annual celebration of mathematics. But, you don’t need a calculator to get a great deal at Green Line Apothecary this March 14th. We’re celebrating “Pi Day – à la mode” – your choice of a slice of homemade, all-natural pie topped with a scoop of our organic ice cream – all for just $3.14!
Create delicious combos like Classic Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Tart Cherry Pie with Chocolate Ice Cream or our limited-edition Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream atop Blueberry Pie — the possibilities are scrumptious.
The number Pi has been calculated to over one trillion digits beyond its decimal point and continues infinitely. Our “Pi Day – à la mode” celebration begins at 9am on March 14th and lasts until the pie runs out.
Enjoy a special Pi Day treat this March 14th at Green Line Apothecary – Pharmacy & Soda Fountain – 203 Main Street in Wakefield RI.
(While supplies last. In-store only. See store for details).
Providence Pinball Meetup
- Sunday 7-11pm at the Shelter Arcade Bar in Providence
- Come join your fellow Pinballers for a night of fun and casual competition, and sign up for the official start of the PBR Providence Pinball League! PPL will be a casual competitive league with intraleague play and sessions on improving your pinball game and learning about the rules of the game. We’ll invite players from Rhode Island Pinball to talk about NEPL and how we can join the regional and national tournaments in the next session.
- The league sponsor, PBR, will be providing us with prizes and support as we kick off 8 weeks of league play. See you there!
Sister Act with Johnston Dance and Performing Arts
- The goal of J-DAPA is to promote a love and appreciation for the Arts through involving performers of all ages throughout the Rhode Island Community. We strive to raise funds in effort to renovate the Johnston Senior High School auditorium. Our goal is to better the lives of the individual members of J-DAPA as well as audience members through fostering an appreciation and education of the Arts.
- Adults and Youth
- J-DAPA is a state-wide Community Theatre group based at the Johnston Senior High School in Johnston, RI.
- When disco club singer is placed in protective custody in a dying convent, her unique brand of funk comes face-to-face with the traditions of the church and the strict order is in for a change. Masquerading as a nun named Mary Clarence, this Sister’s act will have you laughing and singing in the aisles.
- When? MARCH 17th, 18th, & 24th at 6:30 PM MARCH 25th at 2:00 PM & 6:30 PM
- Johnston Senior High School
- 12$ in advance & 15$ at the door!
The 33rd Annual Achieve A Bowl at Lang’s Bowl-arama in Cranston
- March 18 & 19 -and- March 25 & 26
- Achieve-A-Bowl is Junior Achievement of Rhode Island’s oldest and largest community fundraising event, participants have raised more than $1,700,000 in its 32-year history.
- Achieve-A-Bowl is all about having fun with your friends, family, co-workers, or student group while you win prizes and raise money to help bring Junior Achievement into more Rhode Island classrooms!
- You do not need to be an accomplished bowler to participate! We expect over 800 bowlers from over 50 local organizations to participate in our 33rd Annual Achieve-A-Bowl!
- The 2016 Achieve-A-Bowl raised over $140,000 ensuring that the program reached more Rhode Island classrooms! In 2016, Junior Achievement also introduced blended learning programs and is now bringing technology directly to the hands of many participating classes.
- The 2017 Achieve-A-Bowl goal has been set for $147,500. We appreciate you supporting our mission and the children of Rhode Island.
Nook Coffee House in East Greenwich
- The Nook Coffee House is a modern take on the old coffee houses of the past; focused on brewing the best coffee and giving people a sense of community.
- The Nook Coffee House is a purveyor of locally sourced, lovingly-made fine coffees, teas, kombucha and bakery delights. Our proprietor is Shannon Wylie. We’d love to say hello and craft you the perfect cup of coffee.
- The Nook Coffee House is a metropolitan-inspired coffee shop nestled in small town East Greenwich, Rhode Island. We like good coffee, a sense of community, and a dash of cozy on the side (the three C’s, we’ll call it). Sometimes the perfectly made cup of coffee is the highlight of the day and our job is to deliver that experience perfectly to you. We are proud to be one of the only purveyors of draft kombucha on tap in of the Ocean State.
Wicked Family Friendly
The Green Living Expo
- Sunday, 10am to 5pm at the Crowne Plaza
- New England’s largest one-stop shopping event, showcasing the latest in “everything green” for your home, garden, and lifestyle! Green fun for the whole family!
- Discover ways to make your home and community greener. See how easy it is to use green building products and give renewed purpose for healthier households. Featuring live music and speciality foods. Dozens of green living workshops, presentations and informative talks by experts.
- Featuring: Green Exhibitors – dozen free workshops & presentations, natural foods, family live entertainment!
- Ample Free Parking!
- -Alternative Transportation,
- -Green Energy: Solar, Wind and Water Power.
- -Affordable, Healthier Greener Versions of all your Household Products
- -The Latest and most Innovative in Green Building Materials.
- -Eco Fashion Show!
- -Live Music!
- & MORE!
Just Over The Border:
Breakfast with Mickey Mouse & Princess Poppy
- Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill in Fall River, MA
- Experience your two favorite characters at Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar and Grill, Fall River! Mickey Mouse & Princess Poppy will be here on Sunday, March 19th from 10:30am-12pm!
- We expect it to be full to capacity. Please make your reservation!
- Price is $15.95 for Adults and $10.95 for Children 10 and under.
- Our menu includes: Pancakes, Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Croissant, Juice & Coffee for both Adults & Kids
This weeks’ cover photo is by @latitudelizSource: WR