Ugly Sweater Bowling at Lang’s Bowl-A-Rama on Friday Night from 8-10pm!
- Hosted by the Super Fun Activities Club
- Things are about to ugly. Really really ugly. Yep, you guessed it. It’s that time of year again. While some people just wear sweaters they wear all the time, some Super Fun people break out their best sweaters only once or twice a year. Well, it’s that time. It’s Ugly Sweater time. Quack the Duck and the Super Fun Activities Club put on an Ugly Sweater Bowling party last year. And we’re doing it again. And it’s going to be bigger and better than last year. This year, we are introducing a prize for the UGLIEST Sweater! Who is bringing their A game this year?
- The festivities will be happening at the same location. They were great hosts last year so we are glad to give them our business again. As you are well aware, SFAC supports doing business locally and this party is no exception. The bowling will commence at 8pm at Lang’s Bowlarama. Lang’s is located at 225 Niantic Ave, Cranston, RI.
- Tickets are $20 per person, see the website for the link –
Wicked Fun in the 401:
Holiday Afternoon Tea, Governor Henry Lippitt House Museum, Providence
- Recommended by a friend of the show, Jamie Coehlo
- Seatings offered at 1:00 pm & 4:00 pm. Reservations required.
- Enjoy a relaxed, elegant afternoon tea provided by Delsie Catering and Events featuring sweet and savory delights, a signature cocktail, and a variety of freshly brewed teas from around the world. Tea is served at the festively decorated Lippitt House Museum where visitors will enjoy a feast for both their eyes and palates as they explore one of the best preserved Victorian interiors in America.
- A National Historic Landmark, Lippitt House has one of the best preserved Victorian interiors in America, allowing visitors to step into Providence’s Golden Age.
Santa at the Fire Barn – Block Island
- Santa and Mrs. Claus make their annual visit to Block Island bringing a special gift for every island child in the 4th grade or younger.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by fire truck about 11:00 and will distribute gifts and pose for photos until 2:00.
- If a child is off island that day they can stop by later to find their gift under the tree.
West Side Caroling
- Sunday 5pm – 8pm
- Meet at Loie Fullers
- “Not your grandmother’s singalong.” – Providence Monthly
- Give the gifts of joy and good will and spread warmth and merriment during one of the coldest times of the year. Annually, the Sunday before Christmas.
- Meet up at Loie Fuller’s restaurant (1455 Westminster) from 5-6pm for snacks & socializing and head out at 6pm sharp to bring holiday cheer to the neighborhood and ending at 8pm with milk, warm drink & cookies at the soon-to-be new Sin bakery and cafe (1413 Westminster) just a block from our starting point.
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME regardless of any religious or non-religious beliefs. INVITE YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY!
The Nutcracker at The Stadium Theater
- Saturday at 7:30pm – Sunday at 2pm
- Performed by “Heritage Ballet” it’s the full-length classical ballet about a little girl named Clara who receives a Nutcracker from her godfather for Christmas. She dreams that her Nutcracker comes to life and battles the mischievous Mouse Queen. Clara then goes on a magical adventure as the Snow Queen and King and their sparkling Snowflakes dance all around her in the forest and send her to the Land of the Sweets where she meets the majestic Sugar Plum Fairy. But was it really all a dream?
Wicked Family Friendly:
Breakfast with Santa at Warren Fire Department Headquarters
- Sunday from 8-11am – 1 Joyce St., in Warren
- The Warren Fire Department – Central Fire Company: Engine 1 invites you once again to our annual Breakfast with Santa! Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for kids.
- Included with your ticket purchase is a breakfast buffet prepared by our members, tours of all the fire trucks at Station 1 and a photo opp with Santa himself! Tickets are available at the door.
Just Over The Border:
La Sallette Shrine
- Suggested by friend of the show, Mark Amargo
- Nov. 24, 2016 – Jan. 1, 2017
- Illuminations 5:00 – 9:00pm Daily
- Featuring: 300,000 Lights illuminating over 10 acres
- One of New England’s most famous Christmas events, the Festival of Lights is one way to surely get in the holiday spirit. This is one of those “you had to be there” Christmas light show destinations that requires attendance to fully appreciate the spectacular nature of this event. Christmas at La Salette also features Christmas displays and exhibitions, as well as gift shop items!
- Admission to the Festival of Lights is free, but donations are always welcome.
- The National Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette is located at 947 Park Ave, Attleboro, MA
The Portuguese Kids 7th Annual Christmas Extravaganzza
- Durfee High School – Saturday at 5pm
- For the 7th year in a row, The Portuguese Kids are back at B.M.C. Durfee High School in Fall River, MA for an all ages show that’s a guaranteed good time for the whole family! Once again, tickets are only $5 and portion of the proceeds go to a great cause, the Durfee Parents Advisory Council.
- The Portuguese Kids highlight the Funnier Side of Growing Up Portuguese! Every one of our live shows celebrates the Portuguese culture. Check out their hilarious videos on Facebook.
BRAVO membership as a gift –
- $50 gives you 4 tickets to the Rhode Island Philharmonic Rush Hour concerts
- YOUR membership gives the gift of music to elementary school children through our Link Up Education Concerts
Today’s episode has been sponsored by Timmy’s Legendary Grilled Pizza on Federal Hill in Providence.
- Timmy Doyle, creator and former owner of the Bob & Timmy’s Legendary Grilled Pizza, has opened Timmy’s Legendary Grilled Pizza on 32 Spruce Street in Federal Hill. Doyle created the original menu at Bob & Timmy’s that made the grilled pizza nationally renowned. Bob & Timmy’s was sold and the new owners closed its doors for good, so Doyle quickly took over the space and opened the new Timmy’s Legendary Grilled Pizza with Kyle Klewin at 32 Spruce Street.
- The place has been packed! Loyal customers and new fans have found the menu to have all its favorites and well loved dishes. All the grilled pizzas and pastas have been applauded. Reviews on Yelp and Facebook give 5 stars and applaud the food, service and new remodel of the space.
- Tuesday At Timmy’s Happy Hour has been the place to be from 4-7 as well.
- learn more at www.timmyspizzari.com
This week’s photo was submitted by:
Interested in having your company or restaurant featured in an episode?
For Advertising & Sponsorship Information, email us at wickedrhodypodcast at gmail.com