Wicked Rhody hosts Mary & Ben discuss Rhode Island life and events, for the week of September 18, 2020 – including OSDRI : Stand Down Weekend 2020
Be sure to follow all of our other podcasts at MaryandBlake.com including:
- This Is Us Too: A This Is Us Podcast
- Keep Calm And Crown On: The Crown Podcast
- Minute With Mary: A Younique Network Marketing Podcast
- Rise Up!: A Hamilton Podcast
- The Leftovers Podcast: The Living Reminders
- The North Remembers: A Game Of Thrones Podcast
- Wicked Rhody: A Podcast About Rhode Island Events and Life
- You’ve Been Gilmored: A Gilmore Girls Podcast
- ParentCast: A Podcast For New Parents
- Outlander Cast: An Outlander Podcast
- The Potterverse: A Harry Potter Podcast
Check out all of our blogs at MaryandBlake.com including:
Be sure to follow Studio 10, and all of our appearances here:
Wicked fun in the 401
- OSDRI – Stand Down Weekend 2020
- Haunted Boat Tours or twilight river cruises https://www.facebook.com/events/2457907500986014
- The Bit Players – Improv Comedy – Newport Blues Cafe’
- Virtual Zoobilee https://www.facebook.com/events/1268017096875706 and heads up about Jack o Lantern Spectacular
Wicked Rhody is proud to partner with the United Way of Rhode Island, helping to spread the word about wonderful opportunities for you, your family, and your friends can volunteer in and around Rhode Island!
It’s the unofficial end of summer in Rhode Island, as cooler temperatures and the vibrant colors of autumn leaves begin to appear on the horizon. But although the season is changing, local organizations remain in need of one of our state’s most important resources: volunteers.
Roger Williams Park’s “Drive-Through Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular” seeks nightly volunteers for Oct. 1 to Nov. 1 to help the zoo run a ‘spooktacular’ way to enjoy the Halloween season during COVID. Ticketed attendees will stay safe inside their cars while viewing thousands of intricately carved pumpkins. Contact Andrea Crafton: (401) 785-3510 ext. 356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Bay invites volunteers to participate in its International Coastal Cleanup effort to clean area beaches and record what they find for inclusion in global research on marine debris. Volunteers may join a group cleanup or organize their own with family and friends. Visit savebay.org/volunteer, or contact July Lewis at email@example.com and (401) 272-3540 ext. 130.
RI Free Clinic is in need of doctors and individuals who speak Spanish. Primary Care Doctors are sought to help provide free services to the uninsured, and general volunteers are needed to assist with interpreting, answering phones, and COVID-19 patient intake. Email Sophie Silvia at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (401) 274-6347 ext. 203.
To learn more about United Way Rhode Island or if you’re in need of assistance, visit their website or simply dial 2-1-1 and get connected to the help you need!